Re: Removing Authorization from Computer with Uncooperative Authorization Disk

  • From: "Chris & Mary" <cmchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:17:02 -0500

Hi Bruce,
Hit windows key + E key to bring up windows explorer.
Arrow down two times to Local Drive, or your C drive.
Alt T for the tools menu, arrow down to folder options, and hit enter.
Control tab to the view tab.
Tab, I think two times to the tree view.  Mine says one of 16 items.
Arrow down to the 10th item which should be, hide protected operating system
files, and make sure this is off.
It will give you a warning to make sure you want to do this, and just say
yes.
I then went to the apply button and hit space bar.
It then put you back at the first item in the dialog box, which should say
something about apply to all folders.  Hit space bar to do this, and say yes
to confirm.
Then shit tab to the okay button and hit the space bar.
Alt f4 out of the windows explorer.
Then do a windows key + E key to bring the windows explorer back up.
Arrow down two times to your local drive, or C drive.
Tab once to the list view.
Hit J until you here jfw.cps.
This is your Jaws authorization folder!
I am running Jaws 5.1 and windows XP home, and this is where the folder is
found.
Even on my windows 98 system, the jfw.cps folder was found on my root C:
folder.
Hope this helps,
Chris Chaffin