Remote Assistance - Video Mirror Drivers Can be a Problem

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 16:00:16 -0700

You wrote: "I also consistently get it after our help desk has logged into my
computer with Remote Assistance or Remote Control. Something is getting messed
up in JAWS interpretation of the video."

Yes, that can be a real problem. I've instructed my help desk folks here to
never ever initiate a remote on my machine. They use a video mirror driver
called dameware and that has caused me to have problems with JAWS, since it
gets in the way of the JAWS display chaining manager. Try to get them (you
can't do it yourself) to come to your PC and uninstall the dameware mirror
driver (or other driver), that is usually continually loaded, once initiated.

Just advice from my experiences.

Dave