Re: Reading the word graphics

  • From: "Eileen Lafond" <Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:30:05 -0700

No, I find them in Oracle, Putty, UltraEdit and TextPad.  They are
actual letters and words, but JFW calls them graphics instead of the
actual letter or word.

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>> anthony_p_schnurr@xxxxxxxxxxxx 5/25/2005 11:43:00 AM >>>

Eileen,

Are these graphics spoken while using a terminal emulator?  I had the
same
problem while using Reflections.  The graphics were either spoken at
the
beginning or end of a line of code and sometimes both.  It turned out
that
they were real graphics that bordered the emulator screen and I delt
with
them by using the graphics labeler to rename them to nothing for the
graphics definitions for the Reflections application.  You will only
need
to unlabel 1 of each unique label.
I hope this is helpful.

             "Eileen Lafond"

             <Eileen.LaFond@Se

             attle.Gov>
             Sent by:                  <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

             jfw-bounce@freeli
cc
             sts.org

Subject
                                       Reading the word graphics

             05/25/2005 11:32

             Please respond to

             jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lately, JFW has started saying the word graphic along with a number
when
reading words.  I am writing code and now I cannot tell if I have made
an error because I cannot hear what the letters and words are in my
code.All I hear are graphics along with some letters and words.

I am using JFW Version 6, but I tried version five and it does the
same
thing so it seems that something is interfering with JFW to make it
think that there are graphics all over the place.  Has anyone had this
problem and if so what do I do to get rid of it?

I am using Windows XP PRO.

Thanks,

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx
line.

or
contact

line.

or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather