Re: Reading differences between 4.51 and 5.0

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <chaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 08:35:32 -0400

Hi all,
I also found a difference in how Jaws reads numbers in 4.5x verses 5.0.  I
currently have both 4.51 and 5.00844 on my system.  In my text settings for
number processing, I have it set to control by synthesizer for both
versions, which is the default setting.  For example:
In 4.51, the number one thousand reads correctly, One thousand.
In 5.0, it reads, one zero zero zero.
Now in text processing, there is a setting for number processing to read
full numbers.  This makes Jaws read numbers correctly except when it comes
to numbers like phone numbers and social security numbers.
I did call FS and report this difference, but I am not sure any correction
will be made.
Chris Chaffin