Reading WebPages

  • From: "marvin hunkin" <marvkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:50:42 +1000

Hi.
got a site which a friend created and it is called http://visionman.awardspace.com
now my friend took out the frames, as a phd student, with a database and programming background.
as he is helping me out.
now he got php, and i have got easy php which you can download at http://www.easyphp.com
now.
have redesigned my site, and now run into some problems.
got a table, with all the elements wrapped around like headings, paragraphs, lists, links, etc.
will outline the problems with jaws, reading, or is it just me?
now hand coding this site, using textpad and using internet explorer 6 to test the site.
sorry some of the links do not work, working on the front page, just trying to get it right and avoid problems down the track.
okay here's the questions. they are:

1. when i use the read paragraph mode, it reads it all in one line, and would like to have it read on separate lines.
2. there are blank lines read between jaws. do not want this.
3. is this the way to read lists, using paragraph mode.
4. for my footer, for some strange reason, between one or two of the lines, there are line breaks inbetween. do not want that, want all the footer information underneath each line, with the graphic on the last line.
5. could you give me constructive feedback on the general layout, content, and structure of the site, and give me suggestions on how to improve it.
then will e-mail the modified files to my friend, so he can then upload it to the site for me.
if any one can help me out with these problems, and get them fixed first, then will be able to use the template, my friend gave me for other pages.
cheers and thanks for all your help.
cheers Marvin.

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw