Re: Reading Roman Numerals as Numbers with Jaws 6.2

  • From: Adam <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:51:41 -0400

Hi Bruce & Jon:

Thanks for your suggestions. Jaws Dictionary Manager worked just fine when a space is added to Roman numerals. It didn't take a lot of time to add them with their number equivalents.

Adam

Jon C. Pierson wrote:

You should make sure whether the numerals have spaces after them ore even before. Include these if they are there in the dictionary entries. That way you could avoid some of the misspeaking of single letters as numbers.

At 03:21 PM 8/18/2005, you wrote:

You could program them into your dictionary, but you'd then run into the problem of I'a, V's, X's, L's, C's, D's and M's being pronounced as numbers incorrectly.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Adam wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way to configure Jaws 6.2 to read Roman numerals as numbers? I have a table listing items with roman numbers such as I, II, III, IV, V, etc. Jaws says ve for VI when VI means 6.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Adam