Reading Japanese Romaji with JFW

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 14:09:19 +0100

Hi, I've been learning Japanese for the last six months. I have a website which
has some parts in Japanese Romaji (Japanese using the roman alphabet). I would
like to be able to get JAWS to read it as it should sound but can't seem to do
it. I've download the realspeak Japanese voice but that doesn't work either. I
suspect it's because the language of the website is mainly english. I know if I
go to some Japanese sites JAWS does tell me it's Japanese. Do I need to ask the
author of the site to get it so JAWS also thinks that part of the site is
Japanese.

I hope that makes sense but I'm no expert on website publishing so don't really
know what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Peter