Re: Reading Ebooks with Adobe

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:53:09 -0500

Tom,

I had a similarly unpleasant experience with B&N a year ago, but I went to the
Yahoo finance page for the company, followed the link to profile and obtained
the company's investor relations webpage. Pursuing that avenue led me to an
executive who resolved all my issues at the time. To be clear, I wasn't
downloading an audio book, but buying cassette editions because I insist on
listening with a variable speed control. However, this executive's attitude was
respectful and constructive. B&N has terrible customer relations people.

Going to a company's investor relations or media contacts has often yielded
very good results for me, and I'd urge all screenreader users to do the same.
The people in those departments tend to be responsive to the public and
concerned about our experience with their products.