Re[2]: strange behavior

  • From: "RaZorbacK" <lists_en@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:33:31 +0100

Hello,
I've a dell computer and I have aproximately the same problem. I
appears when my computer goes in sleep mode. To fix it temporarily, I
went to the control panel in "power management" and change the
profile to "always on" (sory, my windows is in french). After that,
the strange behavior dissappears. but, the drawback of this method is
that it does'nt save the battery.
HTH

Brian Blair wrote, on 21/03/2006 12:23

>When you switch to the external monitor does the screen resolution
and
>color
>depth remain the same?  I don't have a laptop and haven't used one
with
>JAWS
>too much, but I have discovered with a desktop and recent versions
of JAWS
>starting with version 6 that if I change my resolution or color
depth that
>the only way to make JAWS work consistently is to re-start the
computer.
>Then everything will work fine.  In earlier versions of JAWS all I
needed
>do after making video changes was re-start JAWS.
>
>So I wonder if when you check your display settings after switching
>your
>external monitor if you will find they are different and if you
could then
>make them the same as your laptop monitor?  Don't know why newer
JAWS
>versions act like this.  Is there a way to force your laptop to boot
up
>with
>the external monitor enabled?Does it help to boot up without speech,
then
>switch to external monitor and enable JAWS?  Maybe use Narrator to
get
>started and then start JFW once you've switched to external monitor?
>
>Brian

Rather

>--
line.

>If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
list, or

Sincerely,
---
        Best regards, Sof