Re speed reading & : jaws 6 .0 best feature bad implementation

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:30:02 -0500

Flor,
Not only are you are right about thep rogress bar andthe speed reading,  but
I wastrying to speed read my  way down through files I storeand review in
research.
JAWS 6 reads  and this is an approximation about 20% slower than earlier
JAWS versions in opening, closing, down arrowing, opening, closing and down
arrowing through files in list views.

Even if others don't care how rapidly one can down arrow through files in
list views, why are  not  there more speed reading methods available?

Every one knows I  was once ableto speedread on web pages
like Circuit  City etc. using the  "s" and  the more speed reading methods
the better in my  opinion!
I remember speed reading visual text and let me  say no person with vision
wastes time   reading  just   one word at a time a ndthen the next word etc.
They speed through documents very rapidly without losing the meaning at all!
like reading the last sentence of a paragraph orglancing past words.

JAWS could do this.

When  using "saya ll", I  am hittingthe down arrow key to then ext idea in
context.