Re: Rational Robot

  • From: "Lorana" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:00:57 -0700

> I too would like to know.  FYI, the company of Rational Software was
> recently purchased by IBM, although they continue to market products
> under the Rational brand name; I suspect this is a software development
> tool from them?

Yes, it's a software tool.  I'm involved in user acceptance testing of  a
new program for work, one that will revamp everything we do.  Rational Robot
allows you to write scripts, but not like JAWS scripts.

You turn on Robot, and then you simply execute all of the steps in whatever
process you're performing.  The Robot records them behind-the-scenes.  You
can then tell it to execute those same steps over and over again.  It has
the power to allow you to tell it how to change each script (for instance,
use a different social security number for  each script, or use this pool of
names, etc.).

I haven't taken a look at it yet, but I also use Rational Clearquest.  It's
moderately 508 compliant ... JAWS accessible, sorry.

My concern is how use of JAWS is going to affect Robot.  Will it try to
execute my JAWS commands.  I  haven't begun to use it just yet, as it needs
to be installed on my computer.  At that point, I'll train myself on it.

Lora