Re: RUNNING MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF OFFICE

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 06:03:29 -0700

Hi Marvin,
I had both Office 2007 and 2010 on my work machine not long ago and ran into a
couple of issues which ultimately led me to remove 2010.  First, after the 2010
installation, I could find no evidence of Outlook 2007 on my system; apparently
the installer decided that Outlook 2007 should be removed from the All Programs
menu. Second, I found that navigating and getting things done in Outlook 2010
was a bit more difficult because the scripts weren't being recognized properly,
despite two or three attempts to install script packages that FS sent me.   I
finally decided that since I spent so much time working with Outlook I was
unwilling to put up with less-than-desirable feedback from JAWS, so I ditched
2010.
My advice, for what it's worth, is to commit to one or the other but avoid
messing around with a dual installation.
Tom