RE: RSS readers, anyone?

  • From: "CrisMunoz54" <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 06:41:06 -0700

I use both. With Jaws 9, I was using firefox almost exclusively, but with
the past jaws 10 releases, there have been a couple of issues with jaws and
firefox making it more tedious to use firefox as opposed to IE. That
duplicate link thing I mentioned on google reader for instance and a memory
lag issue or something that causes jaws to stall for a second or two quite
randomly. In any event, these issues aren?t present in IE and so I use IE
more out of necessity rather than preference.

I prefer google reader because you can create folder for topics and sort
your feeds according to them. I for instance, have sports, news, finances,
technology etc. These appear as links too. Mainly, the reason I prefer
google reader over IE?s integrated feed reader and others is that I can skim
through the various updates very fast. Each update has the link to that
particular story, the rss feed title of the page, one quick line of the
content and a quick summary blerb. In addition to the updates being
displayed in chronological order. Mainly though, because google reader is
really just another webpage, I can either just leave it open in a separate
tab while I?m doing other stuff online or on my pc in general. No need to
launch an entirely different application or go into some menu thing to check
to see if there are any new updates etc. Just tab over to google reader and
skim down the page or just refresh it. Simple as that.

  _____