Re: RSI frames. What are they?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:56:36 -0700

Dale,
Understood, and agreed.  For the same reasons, I've not bothered to fool
around with this setting, ever since learning of its availability.  Mostly
because hardly any Web pages I typically visit cause me any focus-related
disruption of this sort.  But the stuff I'm having a problem with is related
to the page refreshing each time some new advertising display from a
sponsoring company appears, in any number of forms from banner ad to Flash
ad, and so forth.  I think the advertiser, for their fee, gets to be
included in a sequence of ads that Google, in this case, will continually
display on that site, switching from one to the other according to their own
timing.  And each time, the page refreshes in order to display the new ad.
So, for this site, turning off the refresh completely is in order.

What an annoyance, to have the Jaws focus tossed about like a cork in the
water, which is what it feels like.

Thanks for the input.