Re: RE: JAWS quit working with sound card..

  • From: Craig Goodenough <epimetheus27@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:31:05 -0500

Hi Karen
One of my clients had a repeating problem relating to loss of sound.
This sound problem  did not only take out jaws, but it took out everything.

My initial solution was to go into the soundcard's properties and delete
all entries that could be uninstalled, and then rebooting.

Sound was restored following the reboot.

Instead of rebooting, you can just detect new hardware and sound will be
restored right away.  Sometimes sound went out after a reboot though.

My client had an onboard soundcard, so I had the vendor put in a
separate card and disable the onboard card.  I have not had any frantic
calls from him, so I guess the change in card is working at the moment.

Cheers

Craig Goodenough