Quickmix ... was Suggestion for Freedom Scientific

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:10:39 -0800

Hi,
Rick writes:

That's fine on your PC, but what about on another PC that others are using as well.

When you install Quickmix, it's not set to run automatically, in the startup group or in the registry, so it's not at all intrusive.

Do you really want to install this utility and configure it on
every PC you are going to use?

If I use those machines on a regular basis, perhaps yes. I worked at a center where I maintained and upgraded all of the machines. Some of the sighted office staff habitually turned off the sound and I'd have to reset everything in order to use JAWS. It was quite annoying.

I think the original post has merit and it
would be a good addition to Jaws.

Agreed, but it's anybody's guess when they'd get to it. So I offered the Quickmix suggestion for anyone who might want to take advantage of it now.

Tom