Question for any computer teachers or general thoughts

  • From: "Jim Portillo" <jp100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:53:46 -0800

Howdy everyone,
I'd like to see if I could correspond with some other computer teachers on this
list.  Here's the latest deal.

I'd like to know what some people at different centers are doing for email
addresses for their students.
I was using Outlook Express with Hotmail, and it was working beautifully;
however, I've recently been informed that Hotmail is no longer working with
Outlook Express without being charged.  I'm wondering if anyone else has run
into this problem and what they're doing about it.
If you have alternative thoughts on students and email addresses, please let me
know.  Email has been a component of my classes for a while now, but what I
don't want is to teach very beginning JAWS users how to use web mail because
they'd easily get confused.
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you, either on this list or
personally.
Jim