RE: Question for Windows 7 Users

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:43:43 -0700

Hi Karen,

From everything I have heard the Mac is a very good choice for a computer.

Voiceover seems to work very well.

I wholeheartedly agree about the continuing SMAs.

Also, from all I have heard NVDA may well be a viable alternative to JAWS,
Window Eyes and HAL.

It all depends on exactly what you do on your computer.

System Access is also a workable solution. One of the things which interests
me is that, with SA you can simply (supposedly) plug in the USB drive and,
WALLA, you have speech on whatever computer you are using without having to
load down the software.

This would be good for public access computers such as may be found in the
local library.

Cy, The Anasazi

  _____