RE: Question about first version of JAWS

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:19:23 +0100

Interesting Post, I know windows xp was out when I bought my first computer
a few years ago, but when I had to spend a few days in hospital, before I
had thought of buying a pc,  a gentleman aged 95 years was brought in, a bit
dazed from broken femur, and he was totally blind, we were all in one ward
you see due to local hospital  being in a bitof a mess,he said he used
Dos,and liked it very much and not going to change to that"new fangled
stuff,so obviously doss did still work and an article I heard on a magazine
said up until windows 98 all computers  were still dos based,so Jaws must
have worked then withdos based technology of course the article could have
been wrong in a Mag called Computer active over in uk dorothy