Re: Question about V 5.5 goldwave lame mp3 encoder

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:35:07 -0500

You're likely to get a good answer on this list: pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Original Message -----
From: Tanja
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 10:30 PM
Subject: Question about V 5.5 goldwave lame mp3 encoder

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded my goldwave software to the latest 5.5 version. My lame.dll mp3
encoder stopped working at that point. I upgraded it to the latest version as
well, but when I convert files to mp3 now, there is a static sort of effect in
the background. This means that it's been encoded poorly.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find the type 3 mp3 encoder for my
golwave software which will encode my wav files to mp3 format in a high quality
(above 128 bit rate in joint stereo or just stereo?)

I'm using goldwave version 5.5

Thanks in advance!

Tanja