Re: Question about Utilizing 2 versions of Jaws on my PC

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:41:21 -0400

Kim,

I think you raise two separate issues.

Regarding the demo, understand that this is a concession that FS makes to new
JAWS users or users of new JAWS versions so that they can test whether it will
work for them. FS would like us to buy the non-demo version, and the way they
discourage people getting too comfortable with the demo version is to force us
to reboot every time, thus, among other things, losing our settings. At any
rate, I believe the settings are lost each time.

As for controlling when to initiate the 40-minute demo, are you booting up with
JAWS 10 or 11? In this situation, you'd want to start with JAWS 10. But if
you're already doing that, it seems FS has added this restriction to demo mode
as well.

Like many listers, I run JAWS 10 and 11, as well as 9, because each version has
strengths and flaws. But JAWS 10 and 11 don't appear to interfere with each
other's performance, as some of us have found with previous JAWS versions.