Re: Punctuation and JAWS

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:04:13 -0800

I see.  Well, how about subscribing to the Jaws Lite list, where FS's Eric
Damery is also subscribed and pretty responsive to inquiries about things
like this?  If you'd like to do that, email me privately at
yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and I'll dig the subscribe address out of a folder
of such things in my Inbox.

But I'll also write them soon at the below address and add my voice to
yours.  Since you've bothered to bring this issue up, I've had to admit to
myself that I, too, find it a pain to lack these few important touches that
would make Jaws render text more sensibly, without the added stress that
these workarounds, especially making any more punctuation actually speak
than necessary-- my normally sighted friends can't take hearing even a
couple of lines like this, and can't believe I can bear whole days reading
and writing while listening to all that crap.  Anyway.

Daniel
hearithi----- Original Message -----
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>