RE: Punctuation Levels

  • From: "PatWJL" <PatWJL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:33:53 -0500

One more comment on setting punctuation for a particular application. If you
start the process with the focus on the particular application for which you
want to change the settings, you can do so by pressing JawsKey + J to move
focus to the Jaws window. When you then activate the Jaws voice settings
dialog from the menu, you will have an option to change the settings for the
application that just lost focus. When the Voice settings dialog first
appears, there are two radio buttons: default and the application you are
trying to set. Just press the down arrow to select the particular
application. The label for the radio button should identify the application.
Then follow the previous instructions for changing settings to adjust the
punctuation level for that program.

Note that this works in version 9, but I can't vouch for previous versions.

HTH,
Pat

instructo