Re: Pronounciation Dictionaries in JAWS 11

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:47:51 -0700

Brian,

Good thought, but yes, I checked. Recall that these application-specific
dictionaries were merged using the JAWS 11 merge utility, so they *should*
be correct, and with no errors, since they work fine in JAWS 9.

However when I compare the default dictionary from JAWS 11 and one of the
application dictionaries merged over, I see one difference...

JAWS 11.0 entries all have *.*.*.0.0. following each pair of entries.
The merged file does not have these.

Even when I edited my OE dictionary file in Notepad and added these wildcard
characters to each entry, it didn't change their behavior.

The next thing I'm going to do is to copy JDF files from my laptop, which is
running JAWS 11 and just like yours, the application files are fine, and
copy them to the computer where they don't work. I suspect that they will
still not work.

I suspect that something is wrong with how JAWS is defaulting to the file
folders, but that's going to take one heck of a lot of trial-and-error.

I've also logged a ticket with Freedom Scientific to see what they have to
say.

Dave