Problems with Tally and JAWS

  • From: "Sameer" <salatey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:52:51 +0530

Dear List members and Tracy at Freedom Scientific Support,

For the past 3 days, I have been having problems in using the Tally
accounting software with JAWS.

I am using JAWS version 6 on a Pentium 2 machine running Windows XP
Professional.

For the past 3 days, JAWS reads the current screen along with the previous
screen. This leads to confusion and I am not sure as to which screen is the
current screen. This problem has cropped only for the past 3 days. I have
tried repairing and later removing and reinstalling both JAWS and Tally. But
I have had no luck.

My sighted assistant tells me that the current screen looks proper i.e. the
screens are not displayed in a mixed manner.

Please advise as to what should I do.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, yes, the same problem has cropped up with JAWS 5 and 5.1 also, only
since the last few days. I am using Tally version 5.4 and it used to work
well with JAWS till 3 days ago.
Regards
Sameer
** Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be
promoted.**