Problems with IE6 and JFW 7.1

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:22:22 -0500

Hello All:

I'm having a problem with JAWS Version 7.1 and IE 6.  When I locate a
list or combo box, then try pressing enter to turn on forms mode, one of
two things happens.  Either JAWS doesn't say "forms mode on," or JAWS
will say Forms Mode On, but when I arrow up and down after it says forms
mode on, JAWS won't say anything.

The website my client is having problems with and so am I is
www.charleston.net.  Here is what we're trying to do:
1.  Go to www.charleston.net, that works fine.
2.  When the page comes up, I do insert-F7 to list the links, then press
"o" for obituaries and then press enter.  That works fine as well.
3.  When that page comes up, I press "c" to get to the list of deceased
people's names.  I press enter to try turning on forms mode so I can
arrow up and down the list.  This is where I have one of the two
problems I described above.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I looked in HTML and
Advanced settings of Configuration Manager and did not see anything
obvious.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)