Re: Problems when I will install RealSpeak Synthesizers in JAWS 10

  • From: Rouillardmike@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:56:39 EDT

Check to see if the voices are actually installed.
1. press insert+j to bring up jaws
2. go to the options menu and hit v for voices
3. hit g for global
4. tab over to the list of synthesisers and hit down arrow until you land
on real speak
5. tab over to the list of voices and see if they are all there

If not, check for a bunch of real speak solo direct entries under
add/remove programs.

Mike Rouillard

In a message dated 5/10/2010 5:53:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
english_correspondences@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a  very irritating problem when I will install the RealSpeak
Synthesizers in  JAWS 10:
1. I download the RealSpeak Synthesizers from the Freedom  Scientific web
site.

2. I run the installation package for every  Synthesizers I will install,
and
after the installation is completed I  reboot JAWS and run the next
installation package.

3. After that I  go to the JAWS option menu where I select language and
create a new voice  profile.

4. Now I first select RealSpeak as my voice profile, and now I  came to my
problem:
The list where I should select between the  installed voices (e.g. Daniel
and
Emily) are empty!

Have other  person on this list experience the same problem - if yes, have
the person  also a solution?

I using Windows XP and JAWS 10.

Very thanks for  the answers.

Regards,
Anders, Denmark

--
JFW related  links:
Scripting mailing  list:

If you have any  concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
the way the list is  being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
the list owner at  jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx