Problems installing my DECTalk Express in JAWS 6.0 have been Resolved! Let me explain!

  • From: "Beto Escobar III" <betoescobar3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freedom Scientific Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:36:54 -0600

Hello Freedom Scientific Support and JFW List Serve---
I wrote in on Saturday morning with problems I was having modifying my
instillation to JAWS 6.0 to include a DECTalk Express I have.  Well, I
attempted it again today, and I realized, after I kept on going with the
instillation after the spot I stopped at on Saturday, is that this new version
of JAWS is installing **all** of the Speech Engines listed in the install
shield!  That's correct-- it is installing **all** of them!  if you have a
DECTalk  Express as well, and stop at the modification process when JAWS states
that it is installing the Access Speech Engine; after you deliberately selected
the DECTalk Express, well, if you continue on with the instillation process,
you will notice it is just going down the list of all the Speech engines.  You
will **eventually** come to installing the DECTalk Express.   Well, after all
this happens, just press the insert key followed by numbers row 6, and it will
bring up the new window to make the changes.  After the new windows opens,
press shift, control, D and this will open up the default screen.  Go to the
"set options" in the menu and press the letter S which will open the
synthesizers screen, and you will see all of the speech engines you just
installed including the DECTalk Express.  Well, the DECTalk Express was listed,
so I selected it, and when you save everything, and reboot, your DECTalk
Express will begin to speak....Please just save the default screen with the
DECTalk Express listed as your new Speech Engine before you shut down the
screen.  This is just to ensure when you reboot your PC; shut down YOUR pc;
when you start it up again, the DECTalk Express will CONTINUE speaking...

Have A Merry Christmas and  A Happy New year!
Your Friend,
Beto Escobar III