Problems Viewing Scripts Published by JAWS Users

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 13:52:43 -0600

Hello:

I'm working with someone that is having problems accessing the "Scripts
Published by JAWS Users" page on the JAWS Headquarters page at
www.freedomscientific.com.  Here is what happens.

The person I'm working with is using JAWS Version 8.0, Internet Explorer
6.0 and Windows XP Service Pack 2.  When he presses enter on the
"Scripts Published by JAWS Users" link on the JAWS Headquarters page,
JAWS says "New Browser Window," but the page never displays and the
music that is supposed to play doesn't play.  I have the same
environment here and when I go to this page, it displays with no problem
and the music starts playing.

Any ideas what might be wrong with this person's configuration?  We've
got all of the Java stuff turned on in Internet Explorer,
tools->options.  His security level is set to medium just as mine is.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)