Re: Problem with a Website?

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:48:27 -0500

I just tried it, and encountered the same problem. I'm using JAWS 6.2 and XP. I then tried linking farther, on to the instructions, and then couldn't go back. You might try insert-F5 on the application page, just in case JAWS picks up the forms fields that way, but I'm not optimistic. Curious, because there are indications that the web designers tried to make the website accessible. For example, there are "Skip navigation" links. You should alert them to the accessible forms problem. They should agree to take your information in some other way, as Columbia University did for me when I tried to post a job listing and ran into the same obstacle.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Claudia Del Real" <claudiad28@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a Jaws-related question or not, but here goes.
I'm trying to access the following website:
www.indianastatejobs.org

I want to click on the Future Employees Link. This takes me to another page, and here, I want to click on APply to State Jobs.
However, when I do this, I don't get the registration or log-in fields that are needed, in order to access the job data base.
Is this something that JFW just isn't reading?

I'm using JFW 6 on a Toshiba laptop that has Windows XP.

Claudia