RE: Problem with Word document

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:39:38 -0500

Well, a few ways I can think of, and I'm pretty sure there are more:

1)  put the text in it's own section, then "protect" the section; that
keeps you from changing anything in the section, but I'm not sure if it
keeps you from moving the cursor into it.
=20
2)  put the text in a text box, and locate the text box in the margin of
the document (maybe you set the margins rather wide to allow for this).
I'm sure then that you can't get the cursor into the margin area.

3) is a possibility I'm not sure about, but you may be able to locate
the text in a column of a table, or even a cell, and then "protect" or
"lock" the cell or column.  I think I read something about that, but
would have to go check on it.

4)  Create an actual word form.  In that case, all the text is protected
from you changing it, or even moving your cursor to it, except for the
fields which are placed in the form for your data entry.  This would be
the most accessible way of doing things for a blind person, but the
designer would still need to define "help text" for each form field
which, when that field has the focus, would identify to the user what
text or information is to be placed in that field.

Hth,

Chip