Re: Problem with Virtual Find in 11.1447

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 16:34:07 -0700

Gary,

Just tried it, and I'm sorry to report that I don't have the same experience
with it as you have. XP Pro, 32-bit, JAWS 11.0.1447, IE7.  I launched
www.amazon.com and after the screen settled down I gave it a try.

Note that I do use the IEMax scripts, but I don't think that has an effect.

Ah-ha! I disabled IEMax, and I do see the very same symptoms. I use Insert+F7
to bring up the links list, and then Escape. Pressing the numpad + key I hear
PC cursor, and using the arrow key indeed says "no window is active" and I need
to press the tab key to get the virtual cursor back. You hit on it, for sure!

I also noted in Amazon that when I first enter the web page, and I tab through
all that crap at the top to get to the page, the cursor stops before it enters
the page and the tab key will not work. I need to use the arrow key to move
into the actual web page and then the tab key works again. Have you seen this,
as well?

Now I'm going to turn IEMax back on, since it all works better when those
scripts are active.

Dave