Re: Problem with Jaws Not Reading BCC Field!

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:29:18 -0700

Claudia.,

Let me add to what Ray says here, repeating myself in an earlier reply to
which I don't recall your having responded. When you're the one composing
the email, of course you can both type and read what you've typed in the bcc
field, as long as you have it working (OE View menu, All Headers).

But when you're looking at an email you've received, you won't even see a
bcc field among the headers, whether or not one was used. And that's just as
it's meant to work. Although "bcc" comes from the old typewriter days and
means "this is a blind carbon copy, a copy I made and am sending to you but
which the addressee of this letter won't even know about, now in email it
just means "hidden."

Hope this is all cleared up for you now.
won't be seen