Re: Problem Installing JfW 6.0

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 18:14:06 -0600

Nope, I haven't had that one.  But when I install JFW6 on my Dell desktop,
I get two running JFW's.  Yeah, for real.  I can see them in the task
manager and with insert-10.  If I unload one, the other doesn't work well,
but they would both like to be activated.  I have restored my computer from
an earlier time--when I had the quella version of JFW6, uninstalled
everything Freedomscientific that I can find, run a registry cleaner,
scandisked, defragged, and tried again.  After the Windows XP start up
music, it takes four or five seconds for JFW5.10 to talk.  It takes more
than thirty seconds after the Windows XP sound for JFW6 to consider
talking, and then it's twins!

Any way to get rid of the evil twin--whichever one he is--would be appreciated.