Problem Backing Up the Settings enu folder j510383q.exe

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 22:16:09 -0400

Hi All,

    I installed the new j510383q.exe release since life intervened and
I hadn't been able to install the original release of JAWS 5.10 and
did the merge with 5.00.  All seemed to go well until I attempted to
Back up the settings enu folder.   in JAWS 5.10 following the
instructions on the Helpful Hints page on the JFWlite site until step
8:
8)  Hit Alt+F to drop the File menu, and arrow down to select "New..."

when Win 98 se would not go into files and went into the context menu
instead of files when I hit alt-F.  A new folder called "New Folder"
ended up being created in my efforts to get into new in files.  I
renamed New Folder to Originals, but Windows would not allow me to
paste the files I had copied into Originals and I got an error
message.

    I uninstalled JAWS 5.10, and downloaded a fresh version of
j510383q.exe.

    I have 4.0, 4.51, and JAWS 5.00.844 on the machine.

    Before I install j510383q.exe again, could someone confirm that
this is the correct file and is there any point in trying the merge
again or am I better off doing everything by hand that the merge is
supposed to do?  I had previously avoided merging since it presented
problems in previous versions of JAWS and I thought merging went well
for some people with 5.10.

Thanks,
Margaret