Printing specific pages from a documentFW: jfw Digest V6 #1304

  • From: <randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:24:17 -0500

If you are using Microsoft  word:

Open a Document
Press Control+P to print
Shift tab twice to the all pages in range list
1. Then you can arrow down once to current page and press enter to print the
page you are on.
2. you can arrow down twice and put in the number of a page or pages you wish
to print, just one number if you only wish to print one page, or multy number
of pages separated by commas and press Enter
Example: [3 for the page 3] or [1,3,8 for 3 pages]

Randy

From: "Stefano Manzi" <stefano.xy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Security Update for JAWS 9
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:11:04 +0100

I can't find the check update function in Italian version of JAWS.
Is there a way to ensure updating, or this feature is not implemented in
Italian or however in international versions different from English language?
My version currently used is 9.2169.
Greetings

Stefano

------------------------------

From: "Stefano Manzi" <stefano.xy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How can I fix it?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:14:23 +0100

Hi friends, it's preferable to uninstall all extra toolbars like Google, Yahoo,
Search Assistant, Skype and any other toolbar which becomes something
cumbersome for Internet usage and performance by blind users.

------------------------------

From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Printing specific pages from a document
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:42:42 -0800

Hi Ron,
I am running a Hp6200 series all in one machine with XP Home.  After I press
control + P to print a page and tab to the page range option Jaws reads,page
range " all, 1 of 4 ", but only 2 choices are shown.  I then route the Jaws
cursor to the PC cursor, press control plus home to go to the top of the
page, and arrow down several times and there is an option to print the
current page, but it has to be checked with the left mouse button on the
number pad.  Hope this helps.  Take care.
Mike

From: "david ingram" <dingram269@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jaws for Macintosh computers?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:03:59 -0600

If someone wishes to use jaws on a mac, first they'll have to get a program
called bootcamp and install that program first before installing jaws on
there mac computer.  the other thing is that if a person is not using their
computer to do music exclusively,the voice over softwar should work even
though they might have a problem trying to write what are called scripts for
the programs that are on their mac.  I hope that this information is home
what helpful.  If a person does already have a mac and they plan to use it
for music production, i don't have any answers.
From: "Jim L" <jimscave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 05:10:57 +0800

This update does it fix that damn bug using Jaws 9 and windows live
messenger when in a chat with a friend Jaws sometimes fails to speak back
messages sent?

cheers,

Jim

P.S always amazes me as an older version in Jaws 8 has been more stable to
me than Jaws 9 and at the rates the new versions of Jaws are coming up why
do they bother with updates anyway as they don't seem to fix current or
previous versions