Re: Primary harddrive zero not found press F1 to continue...

  • From: "Douglas C. DeCamp" <ddecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:33:15 -0500

Jim,
  This is the standard response for a system with no working hard drive found.
At this point you would normally go to the BIOS during startup and check the
information related to hard drives to make sure they are being recognized by
the computer.  Sometimes this can be caused by a loose IDE cable.  Occasionally
just going into the IDE hard drive information in the BIOS can cause the BIOS
to again recognize the drive -- but not often.  Needless to say, this type of
troubleshooting will require sighted help...
Thanks..
Doug