Possible Video Card Issue

  • From: "Mark Arnold" <marnold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:28:03 -0500

Hello List,

I have kind of a strange problem.  I recently installed new drivers to my
NVIDIA video via the Windows XP Update site.  After installing the new
driver, my usage of JFW is doing a strange thing...  For example, when I
arrow up and down through a list such as "my documents", the pitch of the
sound occasionally sounds tintie and then returns to normal.  Kind of like
it looses base tone for a few seconds and then returns to normal.  I have
checked all of my connections and can find no problem with speaker wires or
wires to the soundcard.  Could this be related to the video driver update or
am I barking up the wrong tree?  Thanks in advance...

Mark