Placed Order cvs.com

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:00:29 -0400

Hi All,

    I went back to the cvs.com web site just now and was able to place
my order without any problems this time.  I was quite surprised that
the items in my list had been saved whereas when I signed out of the
site over the weekend, all the items in my cart were gone and I had to
start from scratch.  It appears that at least some of the problems I
experienced over the weekend were due to problems the site the site
was having and were not JAWS related and that JAWS can be used
successfully with the site.
Margaret
Earlier I wrote:

Hi All,

    Has anyone ever been successful in placing an order at

www.cvs.com

    I tried placing my first order there over the weekend and I hope
they were experiencing problems since I temporarily gave up in
frustration before I got a migraine.

    I was finally able to register, but we will not discuss how long
it took to get my user ID and password accepted.  I know I'm not a
good typist, but I kept getting what seemed to be a blank screen when
I hit submit.  Windows bonged at me when I tried to route JAWS to PC
in desperation to see what might be on the page and I had to go back
and re-try the fields with different information.  I read the help to
see how many characters could be used etc., so the problem wasn't that
I was trying to use illegal characters or too many.

    There doesn't seem to be an add to cart button or link and there's
just an add to list link and ship it to me button.  I had tried
hitting the ship it to me button before I registered, but found out
that apparently you have to register before you can add items to your
list.  At one point I found something that said add the shopping list
to your cart and when I hit it, I got a message that said I had more
than 35 items in my list and that I would have to remove one before
the items could be added since you are only allowed 35.  I didn't even
have 6 items in my list and I have no idea where that came from.  When
I went to the list I was able to add the items without removing
anything and I don't remember seeing a delete item link.

    I needed a rest after I had some items in my cart before I did
more shopping since I was getting very frustrated at that point and
I'm pretty sure I hit the save order button if there was one and
logged out.  When I logged in on Sunday, my cart was empty and I got
the items back in my list and added others.  I kept getting that
blasted blank screen when I tried to add the items on my list to my
cart and I gave up and logged out.  I'd be willing to bet that there
won't be anything in my list when I try again.

    I'm stubborn and am planning on trying it again now the weekend's
over, but before I possibly waste more time and energy was wondering
if anyone knows if this is typical for this site?  I'm planning on
trying to contact the webmaster about several points.

    I'm running JAWS 6.0, IE 6, and XP Home with SP2.

    Thanks,
Margaret