People Saying Thanks, Will Try, and so on

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:44:26 -0500

I am overwhelmed by the number of messages sent to this often useful list. Despite the rules, listers are constantly sending messages to the group offering thanks or saying they'll get back to us. This morning's in-box has numerous examples. I'd like to ask that such messages be sent privately via the insert-shift-r reply to sender function. Of course, when a suggestion works, that's useful information for us all. I'd also ask that certain listers not constantly open their souls to us as they solve JAWS issues. We learn a lot about each other as it is, which is part of the profit I take from this list. There are many interesting and good people here. But please, don't assume some of you are so interesting that we must know every subtle aspect of your thought process and your morning coffee habits.

Adrian Spratt