Pdf files

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:32:28 -0000

Hallo list, if a PDF file says "alert empty Document it is most likely a photograph of print, or a Tiff file and screen readers do not read them, they need an Ocr like Kurzweil open book or Omnipage or some are free I gather I use the virtual printer in spite of its name it is not a printer the document opens up in my Ocr which can read it. I tap control and P and choose the virtual printer that does read it all,I was saying however I think in Ms Office suite Ms Off doc imaging will do same why not try it I do not need to print it out at all a screen reader does some jobs and an Ocr does another if you need one at work to do your job I wouldn't think it would be refused. I do not know the names of free ones I do know they exist. regards Dorothy
Alternative archives located at: