PDF: view and conversion

  • From: "Stefano Manzi" <stefano.xy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:10:50 +0100

Hello. Of course PDF generated as photograph (derivating from paper scanning) will never be accessible and need to be converted with OCR. Also accessible PDF generated by Internet, should be converted to allow better reading especially with files containing tables. Certainly clearer when read correctly in Word format.

I wonder, why doesn't anyone mention Abbyy FineReader.
We are currently at version 9, even if I use the 8 and this piece of software has anyway got the best scan engine system. Probably it is included in Kurzweil or OpenBook, but it can be installed on PC too.

I gave a help to MR David Mehler in installing and configuring it, of course he "discovered" a new interesting product which gives best conversion results and makes less mistakes on pages.

Best regards

Stefano

*********
MSN: stefanoilmilanista@xxxxxxxxxx