Re: PDF Files Help

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:53:23 -0500

What version of adobe do you have?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Alexander
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, 23 January, 2006 13 05
  Subject: PDF Files Help

  I am using JAWS 7.00 and have in the past and currently  am having problems
when I try to access a pdf file.  I tried downloading an e.book in a pdf format
and the voice quit.  This has happened many times and if I do not have a
sighted person available to use the mouse to close Adobe Acrobat I have to shut
down the computer and restart it to get the voice back.  Of course it's not the
best thing for a computer to just power it down so I need to find a solution
which will enable me to download & read pdf files since I have a course I
ordered and need access to the e.book to study for an exam  I must take to
remain employed.

  Your suggestions to remedy this problem will be greatly appreciated.

  Regards,
  Mark A.