Re: Oxford English and Spanish Dictionary

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:46:12 -0700

Hi Listers,

I may have figured part of this out.  The window shows some numbers (54786),
presumably the number of dictionary entries.  To the right are some icons.
The manual states that these are font size, back, copy/print, print,
options, help, background information, verb tables, and correspondence
examples.  I search for the 54786, press Insert right arrow three times and
left mouse button click using the keypad mouse button key.  This brings up a
smaller window showing the definition in regular text.  I route PC cursor to
JAWS and left mouse button click again.  I can now read the text.  Whew!

I emailed Oxford about the issue, asking if there was a more elegant way to
do this.  We will see what they say.

Francis