Re: Overheating

  • From: "Dan" <dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:49:57 -0800

Hi Dave,
I did run the system without running JAWS at all from boot.  My processor
cooling system is extremely sensitive.  The detection trademark is called
Thermo Zone.  I think it is working properly.
I ran a few applications, not
JAWS where I was aware of some increases in fan speed and the same speeds
were detected at the same time in these different processes.  My fan is
always running and then as needed it will speed up only as much as needed
then as soon as cooling takes place the fan slows down some, or goes back to
its normal slow running speed.  This isn't an on or off fan it's variable
and it appears to work well.  Then I turned on JAWS and didn't notice any
detectable differences in the cooling needs of the system.  I'm running a P4
2.66 GB processor with 1 GB ram.

Dan