Outlook and Emoticons

  • From: "Jim" <jp100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:57:09 -0700

Hi there,

I have a question.  Although most blind folks might not consider it too
important, I'd like to know the following.
Why is it that when I try and use an emoticon in an e-mail (a friend and I use
them a lot to let the other know about smiles and such), a letter J appears
instead of the emoticon.  I'm using the Outlook program.
Is there some program I need to install in Outlook for them to appear correctly?
I believe they work with Outlook Express though, but I'm hardly using that any
more because it's on my old computer.
Is this a JAWS thing or is it a Windows and Outlook thing?
Thanks.
Jim