RE: Outlook XP and spell check

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:39:23 -0700

Every one has been complaining about FS and how they treat there
customers.

Well, Monday evening I was working in Outlook XP and using the latest
download  of Jaws 6.10 and noticed that when I performed a spell check
the word misspelled and the choices were not being verbalized with their
spelling.  I returned to 6.0 to check and it was working so I went to FS
support page and filled in the form telling them of the problem.  I was
asked to clarify more and discovered that the spell checker worked just
fine in MS Word, and did a total uninstall and reinstall of 6.10 and
still in Outlook XP it just did not work as it had been.  This afternoon
FS sent me scripts that fixed the problem, all I needed to do was
extract the zip file, then move to the jaws 6.10 menu CE, explore Jaws
and then to my settings and copy the extracted files there.

I did not have a problem with my submitting the form on Tuesday and
having a fix in my e-mail today.

Granted this was not a major problem, I could live without it working,
but, it has been fixed, and, I might add for anyone else experiencing
the problem, they are going to place the fix on their site or you may
e-mail me for it if necessary.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx