Re: Outlook, How to get old contact address out of memory

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:18:09 -0800

One more thing to be mindful of.  Creating two distinct entries in the
address book contact list isn't the only way someone can record more than
one address for a particular contact.  You can also enter two or more
addresses right in the properties function of that person's listing.  It's
on the name tab of the properties functions.

On the person's listing in your address book, press enter.  Now control tab
to the tab (or page, if you will) called the name tab.

Using the tab key, move through the fields for first, middle and last name,
nickname, job title, and how the listing should appear on the list.

Eventually you come to the field where you'd enter a new address, and then
you come to a listing of the addresses that are recorded for that contact.
You can add more than one by typing it in the previously mentioned field, to
which you would return with shift tab.  But if there's more than one address
in this list and you want to edit or even delete one of them, there are
buttons that say Edit and Delete which permit you to do that.  You can also
change which address in the list is to be the default one that comes up
automatically when you type the contact's name in the To line of a new
message's header.  There is a button for this, also.

This is worth exploring, just to understand that entering or deleting
multiple entries in the address book list isn't the only way a contact can
be given more than one address, for better or worse, and can be deleted,
too..
Hope this is helpful.
Daniel

defautl filed fileds