Re: Outlook Express spell check edit (Steve Gomez)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:48:24 -0800

Steve,
Look, I'm using a current version of OE, not an "old" one, whichever you're
thinking of.  I don't tab to anything.  the spell check says blah blah, and
I just behave as if I'm right on top of those words, which I am.  I don't
mean the suggested correction, I mean the first moment when OE tells you
what it thinks is your error.  That's when you start editing,.  You don't go
to the list of suggested corrections.

Is this clearer?  Just type that run-together word couplet together again,
select it, hit F7, and as soon as OE says the incorrect word, just try
editing.  don't press tab or anything at all.  Then of course, either press
Control C to make the change take effect or hit enter.

I'm really puzzled.  I'm sure you're misunderstanding or I'm describing
something wrong.