Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "Sameer" <salatey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:41:19 +0530

Dear Friends,

I am asking this problem on behalf of a friend. She is using Outlook Express as her email client on a computer running Windows XP and using Jaws version 7.

Earlier, whenever she received an email message with an attachment, JAWS would announce that the message had an attachment. But for the past couple of days, it has stopped giving the announcement. She continues to receive attachments with her emails and the attachments are not being blocked by Outlook Express. When she opens a mail containing an attachment, she is able to use the key command, JAWS key + A to move to and open the attachments. Also, a sighted friend has confirmed that the attachment is displayed in the message window of Outlook Express and the column displaying attachments is checked under the View Menu.

We are not sure whether the problem of not announcing attachments is a Outlook Express problem or a JAWS problem. In case it is not a JAWS problem, please send your suggestions offlist to me at salatey@ gmail.com.

Thanking you all for any and all assistance.

Regards

Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India